An important first step with Swivle is to add files to the system. For example, images from a photo shoot or a document that you have created or entire folder that you want to manage in Swivle.
Files can be added by doing one of the following:
- Click the Upload files button in the top right corner and browse to the files that you want to upload.
Note: If no folder in the Folder browser is selected, files will be uploaded to "/Users/[user's email address]/Uploads" folder.
- Drag-and-drop one or more files from your system onto a folder or Collection in the Folder browser.
- Drag-and-drop a file from your system onto the content panel.
- Open an empty folder and click on Click here in the content panel and browse to the files that you want to upload.
After dropping the files, a screen appears showing all added files.
If needed, add additional files to this screen. Recommended also is to add metadata to the files.
Once a file has been added to Swivle, it needs to be found again. Searching is done by using the metadata of the file: information that describes specific aspects of a file and its content. It tells you:
- Who created the file
- What type of file it is
- Where the file is stored
- When the file was created
- ... and much more
Metadata is extracted from the file itself and can also be added manually. Consider adding tags, a status, copyright information, and so on. Read more about how to edit metadata.
When done, click Finish.
Uploaded files can be found back by using folder browser.
Tip: Click Auto finish at the bottom of the screen to automatically return to the main screen without editing metadata when the upload is completed.
Please read our how-to article about Upload request, if you want to send a link to an external contributor to remotely upload the files through a Web browser.