The Swivle InDesign plugin is a plug-in that connects Adobe InDesign or InDesign Server to Swivle. With it, you can perform the following tasks:
- Edit InDesign layouts containing links to Swivle
- Open InDesign layouts from Swivle
- Change file types of images placed in InDesign
- Place file directly from the Pro client to an InDesign layout
The InDesign plugin is a great time saver and highly recommended for anyone working with InDesign files in Swivle!
This article describes how to install the plug-in for the first time and how to update an existing installation. Please note that the InDesign plugin is only available for Content Manager users.
The InDesign plugin supports CC 2014, CC 2015, CC 2017, CC 2018, CC 2019 and 2020.
Note: if you are currently running the 'Elvis InDesign plugin' (version 3.2.x), please manually remove this plugin before or after installing the 'Swivle InDesign plugin'.
Step 1: download the installer:
Step 2: go to the download folder for your operating system (OSX or Windows) and open the installer.
Step 3: follow the steps in the installer.
Updating the InDesign plugin
Once the InDesign plugin is installed, you will be notified when a new version is available for download.
Do one of the following:
- Click Not Now to dismiss the message. It will appear the next time you log in to Swivle or when next starting InDesign.
- Click Skip Version to dismiss the message. It will not appear until a next new version is available.
- Click Download to access this download page. Download the installer from above, run it and follow the instructions on screen.
If your currently installed version is older than 184.108.40.2064, you will need to upgrade to 220.127.116.114 or newer be able to login.
Components added to InDesign
After installation, the following components will have been added to InDesign:
- An "Swivle" entry to the main menu. It contains options for connecting to and updating content in Swivle as well as a Help option for accessing the documentation on the Swivle Help Center
Figure: The "Swivle" menu contains options for connecting to and working with Swivle.
Options to the Links panel .The following entries are added for displaying in the panel
(you can access this by choosing "Panel Options" from the Links panel menu)
- Swivle Path. The path of the linked file on Swivle.
- Swivle ID. The Swivle ID of the linked file.
- Swivle Url. The URL to the Swivle object of the linked file.
Figure: The options in the Links Panel Options dialog.
Figure: The Links panel with options shown in the Link Info pane.
- An About Swivle Plug-ins... option in the InDesign menu (on Mac OS X) or Help menu (on Windows). This will display which version of the InDesign plug-in is installed.