With our Portals you can make your archive (or a part of your archive) available for colleagues, partners, resellers or clients. They will be able to search through your archive and download the relevant material, all in an intuitive and easy to use interface.
You can create multiple public or password protected portals. Each portal is accessible on it's own subdomain (xxxxx.swivle.cloud), has unique content and can be individually branded using your own logo and colors.
This will allow you for example to:
- Create a public brand portal where you share your brand's assets (logo's, fonts, brochures, etc.)
- Create a personal environment for your clients. Ideal for photographers and agencies.
- Create a private portal for your partners, distributors or resellers where they can find your latest product- and marketing material.
How to set up a portal
Portals can be configured in a few steps by the Swivle administrator.
To start configuring your portal navigate to the Management Console by clicking on the Avatar menu and then navigate first to the Management Console and second to the Portal page.
Note: trial users have the option to explore the feature by creating new portals. For regular users one or more Portal licenses are required. If you want to obtain a portal license please contact us.
Step 1. Go to the Portal page in the Management Console.
Step 2. Click on the + symbol to create a new Portal.
Step 3. Enter the desired subdomain in the URL field.
Step 4. Configure the access of a portal. The default setting is 'Public', which means the portal will be publicly accessible. If you want to add a password protection layer you can check 'Password protected' and input your desired password.
Step 5. Select the right folder by clicking on 'Click to select a folder...'.
By default all the content of this folder and the subfolders will be available in the Portal, unless you add an optional metadata query.
Tip: we recommend selecting a root folder for a Portal, because the total folder path will show up in the navigation and in the metadata.
Step 6 (optional). Apply a metadata query.
If you only want to make certain files from the chosen folder available in the Portal you can apply an optional Metadata query.
- Choose a relevant metadata field from the right panel (either by browsing or searching). In the example below we have decided to only show files which have the tag "Portal". After you have selected the metadata field, it will appear in the left box.
- Enter the value for the metadata query, which is "Portal" in our example
- You can test the query by clicking on the 'Test query' button. This will validate the query and show you the amount of results.
For more details about the options regarding metadata queries please refer to this article.
Step 7 (optional). Apply custom branding.
By default your Portal will use the styling from the Branding page.
You can overrule this branding for every Portal, which will allow you to apply custom branding for every Portal.
To enable this, go to the Branding section of your Portal (right top section of the Portal page) and check the checkbox next to 'Use custom branding'. Afterwards you will be able to choose a logo and your own colors. In this article you can find more information about how to brand your environment.