Using Swivle with the Swivle agent, you can work on your files without the hassle of managing the file itself. With the agent, Swivle can automatically open a file in its native application and detect when that file has been edited, so a new version can be seamlessly checked back into Swivle. For working with InDesign files we have created a dedicated InDesign plugin. This plugin has been developed to perform specific InDesign tasks efficiently (please visit the following page for more information)
This article describes how you can install the Swivle agent.
1. Downloading the Swivle Agent
Click one of the download links below to download the latest version of the Swivle Agent
2. Installing the Swivle Agent
Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the instructions on screen.
3. Making sure that the Swivle Agent is running
After installation, Swivle Agent is automatically started on Windows, but needs to be started manually on MacOS.
When Swivle Agent is running, an icon is shown in the notification area (Windows system tray) or in the menu bar (MacOS).
Figure: Swivle Agent in the notification area of Windows (left) and in the menu on MacOS (right).
Tip: Configure your system in such a way that Swivle Agent is automatically started when the system itself is started.
4. (Optional) Changing preferences
By default, files that are checked-out are stored in the following location:
- macOS: users/<user folder>/Documents/Swivle Checkouts/<user folder>
- Windows: users\<user folder>\My Documents\Swivle Checkouts\<user folder>
To change this location, do the following;
Step 1. Make sure that Swivle Agent is running.
Step 2. Access Swivle Agent menu:
- macOS: Click the icon in the menu bar
- Windows: Right-click the icon in the notification area (system tray).
Step 3. From the menu, choose Change Checkouts folder.
Step 4. Select the folder in which the checked-out files should be stored.
5. Using the Swivle Agent
The next time you log into Swivle, the client will automatically detect if the agent is running on your machine. It will then automatically connect to it. For more information see 'Working with the Swivle Agent'
A log file for Swivle Agent is stored in the following location:
- macOS: ~/Library/Logs/Swivle Agent/log.log
- Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Swivle Agent\log.log
Re-connect Swivle Agent
If Swivle agent is disconnected, connection can be restored by clicking the icon on the top right in the header when logged in.