Files that are stored in Swivle can be easily shared by using the Brand portal.
This is done by sending a hyperlink (referred to as a 'Shared Link') to the recipient. This hyperlink gives that recipient access to only those files in Swivle that you share.
(Figure: Files when viewing them in a Shared Link).
Who you can share the files with
The Shared Link can be sent to anyone, including those that do not exist as a user in Swivle. No log-in is required to view the files.
What users can do with the shared files
When users access the Shared link, they can do the following:
- Preview files
- Download files
How long Share Links stay active
Share Links are automatically set to end 3 months after the creation date.
Editing Shared Links
In the Brand portal, created Shared Links cannot be edited. This means that once a Share Link is created in the Brand portal, you cannot change the name, the permissions or the date when it will expire.
Note: If you have access to it, Share Links can be edited in the Pro client.
Creating the Share Link
Tip: When sharing files that are stored in multiple locations, add them to the Basket first. This way you can share them in one action instead of sharing files one-by-one or in small groups.
Step 1. Do one of the following:
To share an individual file:
- Click the Share icon in the thumbnail for that file
- Select the file and in the menu bar, click 'Share'
- Right-click the file and from the context menu that appears, choose 'Share'
Figure: The Share icon in the thumbnail of a file.
To share multiple files:
- Select them and in the menu bar, click 'Share'
- In the Basket, click 'Share All'
The Share Link is created and presented in a window.
Figure: The URL of the created share link
Step 2. Do one of the following:
- Click the link to open it in a Web browser
- Right-click the link and choose Copy from the context menu or click the Copy link button (note: the 'Copy link' button is not available in Safari)
Step 3. Share the link in some way, for example by including it in an e-mail that you send to all users who you want to see the files.