Step 1. Click Users or Groups in the navigation menu on the left.
Step 2. Select the user or group you'd like to create a rule for.
Step 3. Go to the Rules (A) tab and click the + (B) button.
The New Rule dialog appears.
Step 4. Enter a descriptive name for your rule.
Step 5. Add a folder path and / or metadata query which will be applied to the rule.
For more information on queries, see Fine-tuning your searches using queries.
Step 6. Click Next to go to the Permissions tab.
Step 7. In the permissions tab, you can do the following:
- A See the users and groups to which the rule is applied. By default, the user or group selected on the main page is added to a new rule.
- B Add more users or groups to the rule.
- C Remove users or groups from the rule.
- D Select which permissions are granted to each user or group. Note that some permissions require other permissions applied as well. These will then automatically be activated.
- E Hover over permission icons to see what they mean.
- F Quickly select / deselect all permissions using the last checkbox.
Step 8. Click Save to save your rule.